Just a quick reminder that the first in a two-part series of Intellectual Property Workshops for Small Businesses and Start-Ups will be presented this Wednesday, March 28, 2018, at the Picknelly Center in Holyoke, MA.
The workshops consist of presentations which form an introduction to Intellectual Property for your business, as well as providing a close setting for discussions, including an opportunity to ask the attorney any questions that you may have.
The first workshop will cover:
- What is IP?
- Why should Your Business care about IP?
- What is a Trademark?
- How do you Apply for a Trademark?
- What is Trade Dress?
- How do you Protect Trade Dress?
- What is a Copyright?
- What does Copyright Protect?
- How do you Apply for a Copyright?
- Do you Need a Copyright?
- Copyright Assignment and Ownership
You can register for first the workshop at:
The second workshop, to be presented on April 4, 2018, will cover:
- What is a Patent?
- What can a Patent Protect?
- What are the differences between Utility Patents, Design Patents, and Plant Patents?
- How do you License a Patent?
- What is Disclosure?
- What is a Trade Secret?
- How do you Enforce a Trade Secret?
- What are Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete Agreements?
- Summary of Intellectual Property
You can register for the second workshop at:
Both workshops are being presented by SCORE of Western Massachusetts.
We hope to see you there.